Terms & Conditions
Shopping Cart - Terms & Conditions
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario regulates wineries’ sale and distribution of their products in Ontario. It has firm rules that apply to the sale and delivery of wine, most notably the requirement that alcohol can only be delivered to a person 19 years of age or older, who is not intoxicated. Therefore, the delivery agent acting on our behalf is obligated to ensure your majority (two photo IDs are needed, if the agent requests confirmation) and obtain your signature before handing over the order.
• All wines offered are subject to availability at the time your order is received. Should a product be sold out when your order is received we will contact you to a) discuss a substitute wine or b) issue a refund.
• Prices include applicable bottle deposit.
• Shipping and delivery charges are not included in the displayed prices of the products. All prices listed are in Canadian dollars. These charges are calculated on the total and will vary with the size of the order.
• All credit card transactions are done over a secure Internet server.
• You agree that all information you provide is accurate and complete.
• You also agree that any alcohol purchased from us is intended for personal consumption and not for resale.
Shipping rates vary based on your Ontario Postal Code. Applicable sales taxes will apply on shipping rates only. Wine prices already include applicable taxes. A minimum of 48 hours is required to process and ship your order. Please ensure there is someone 19 years of age or older on the receiving end of the order, as we must collect a signature and cannot leave an unsigned package.
When delivery is attempted and a customer is not available at the indicated "Ship To" address during the agreed time interval, then a re-delivery policy will apply. In such a case the courier will leave a notice of attempted delivery and we will contact you to arrange re-delivery as soon as possible. Our minimum case and order charge will apply for such re-deliveries.
Returning or Exchanging an Item
We want you to be 100% satisfied with our products, if for any reason you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it. To return or exchange an item, please complete the following steps:
• Please contact one of our wine experts either by phone at 905-685-5673 or 1-866-664-2524, fax at 905-641-9879 or email wine [at] diamondwines [dot] com and clearly explain your issue with the product.
• To ensure quality control and comply with legal requirements all bottles and contents must be saved for pickup. If it is a quality control issue please re-cork the unused portion for lab analysis purposes.
• Once we receive your return item(s) we will credit your original payment for the full purchase price and your replacement will be reshipped and re-charged.
• If we need to replace a wine due to damage in transit, please allow a minimum of 48hrs following receipt of your customer service request for your replacement to arrive. Please note: If a product is damaged during delivery, we (Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits Ltd.) will absorb the cost of the replacement product and re-shipping expenses. Any other return shipments are at the expense of the purchaser.
Your trust in our service is of the utmost importance to us. As a visitor to our site, we assure you that we will not share any of your personal information or system information with outside sources.